Systems Engineer (Requirements, Interfaces, Integration)
- South West London, Greater London
- Salary: £35,000.00 to £45,000.00 /year
The Company and Projects:
A strong systems engineering consultancy (requirements and interfaces management, system integration, safety and reliability, intelligent condition monitoring) and with a software product portfolio (IBM Business partner, IBM Rational DOORS, SaaS and IOT). Recently won over £450k projects and hence doubling the business and recruiting new staff.
- Self-motivated, well-organised, ambitious, good organiser and listener, with people skills.
- Good analytical and software/ systems engineering would be advantageous.
- Eager to learn quickly and help grow business - intensive training will be provided to the high potential candidates .
- Bachelors and/or Masters in any Engineering or relevant disciplines
- 1st Class Honours (or Class 2.1) Degree
- 1-5 years of relevant experience
- Ideally experience in safety-critical sectors (transportation or energy)
Duties and Capabilities
- Knowledge of developing requirements and specifications, interface modelling and management, System Architecture and integration.
- Production of System Architecture Diagram(s) for different phases of the project
- Produce & maintain interface control documents (ICDs) in multiple engineering disciplines.
- Providing System Requirement Document (SRD) & updating during the gated design process
- Preparing & maintaining system compliance matrix throughout the design process & produce formal releases for gate reviews as required.
- Management of verification, validation, compliance and acceptance
- Developing the integration strategy and planning for complex rail systems of the rail project to ensure that those necessary interfaces activities can be accomplished in timely manner throughout the project life cycle
- Ability to read schematics (electrical and mechanical) and assess potential failure modes and design improvements.
- RAMS process knowledge, particularly FMEA.
- Coordinating with all key stakeholders to ensure the system integration and alignment is clearly identified and according to requirements.
- Ensuring correct engineering design is being submitted in accordance to project requirements.
- Be a focal point with interface works package contractors and suppliers
- Ensure deliverables from the sub-contractors meet the contract's requirements and standards
- Coordinate stakeholder engagement and integration to achieve programme objectives for scope, budget, schedule, quality, sustainability, legacy, etc
- Manage the sub-contractors for timely implementation and verification of the system integration requirements and designs on site during the construction and testing and commissioning stages; Input into procurement documents for each work package
Closing Date: 31 May 2019